This post has already been read 3752 times!
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, says it will begin the process of recalling Senator Dino Melaye on July 3, 2017 as demanded by his senatorial district. This was contained in a press statement released by the commission on Thursday, 22nd June, 2017.
The statement also stated that a letter has been sent to Senator Dino Melaye to formally notify him of the move by members of his constituency. The body said in accordance with its guidelines for the recall of members of the National Assembly, the Commission had formally acknowledged the receipt of the petition to the petitioners’ representatives and has conveyed a letter notifying Senator Melaye of its receipt of the petition.
However, the senator had earlier faulted the process and the manner in which the whole recall scenario is playing out tagging it ‘a comedy of errors’. He was released a video of himself holding copies of the recall documents and faulting that authenticity and originality of the names and signatures of persons therein.
But as Nigerians, all we can do right now is to watch how events will unfold in the coming days if the people of Kogi West Senatorial District would be successful in pulling this through.